In the second installment of three interviews with Arsenal legends, it’s the turn of outstanding fullback Lauren after David Seaman on Wednesday.
If you were one of the A-Team, who would you be?
It would be between BA Baracus and the guy with the white hat – Face. Not Murdock!
– If a grizzly bear and a tiger shark had a fight who would win?
Where are they fighting – in the water or on land? I’d have to go for the bear.
– What is your favourite film?
– When was the last time you threw a punch?
[Laughs] I can’t say. It wasn’t that long ago.
– How big is your television?
– Barack Obama or John McCain?
Obama – He brings something new, something fresh. He will change everything. I’m not a Republican, definitely not.
– Who is your ideal woman?
Spanish or Italian. Mediterranean and dark.
– What is your culinary speciality?
Spanish food. A mixture of rice, lentils and beans.
– Is darts a sport?
It’s a sport. You don’t have to like it, but it’s a sport.
– What car do you drive?
Mercedes CL 500.
– What is your favourite gadget?
YouTube. You can find all sorts of funny things there.
– What annoys you?
The most simple thing can annoy me, mainly mess.
– Who is the best player you have ever played with?
I have played with so many! At Arsenal I was with Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires. I can’t choose one as it shows a lack of respect to the others. Technically Bergkamp was the best of all.